Medicare Deductible, Coinsurance Rates'2021
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued for the 2021 deductibles, coinsurance, and premium rates for beneficiaries covered through the Medicare fee for service program.
The 2021 deductible, coinsurance, and base premium rates are below and effective from 01/01/2021
2021 Part B - Supplementary Medical Insurance (SMI)
Based on Part B, the Medicare Supplementary Medical Insurance (SMI) program, enrollees are subject to a monthly premium.
Most SMI services are subject to an annual deductible and coinsurance (percent of costs that the enrollee must pay), which are set by statute.
- Standard premium: $148.50 a month
- Deductible: $203.00 a year
- Pro-Rata Data Amount
- $145.31 for the 1st month
- $57.69 for the 2nd month
- Coinsurance: 20%
2021 Part A - Hospital insurance
- Deductible: $1,484.00
- $371.00 a day for days 61 through 90
- $742.00 a day for days 91 through150 (lifetime reserve days)
- $185.50 a day for days 21 through 100 (Skilled nursing facility coinsurance)